More than 90% of Fortune 500 Companies utilize open source software. Does yours? HotWax Systems is honored to be recognized in “The Gartner, Inc., Cool Vendors in Digital Commerce 2015” report for our innovations in open source digital commerce.
Yesterday, Gartner, Inc. named HotWax Systems a “cool vendor in digital commerce ”—an honor shared by only four other companies worldwide this year. We’re honored to be included, and especially gratified that we were recognized for our open source efforts, including HotWax Commerce, our enterprise-class, fully customizable, open source, digital commerce platform powered by Apache OFBiz.
You’ve probably been hearing a lot about the importance of open source software for digital commerce. But, did you know that 90% of Fortune 500 Companies utilize open source software? Powerful proof that open source software offers important benefits and unique advantages. For those who need a good reason to consider an open source digital commerce platform, here are five:
Five Reasons Open Source Software for Digital Commerce is a Smart Business Choice
1. Superior quality: open source software is created by numerous developers collaborating worldwide rather than a handful of developers teaming up in isolation.
2. Customizability: open source software can be easily accessed and modified to meet evolving needs. Not so with proprietary software.
3. Freedom: with open source, businesses are liberated from vendor lock, and from endless, mandatory hardware and software upgrades.
4. Security: with closed source software, there is no way to know for certain whether or not the vendor is keeping the software secure or adhering to important standards. With open source, you can see the code for yourself.
5. Own Your System: with open source software, you own your digital commerce system. Period.
To celebrate our inclusion in “The Gartner, Inc. Cool Vendors in Digital Commerce, 2015”, report, we’re delighted to share this valuable report with you. Don’t miss this opportunity to review some exceptional research from Gartner, Inc., while you learn about the latest and greatest developments in digital commerce.
In the near future, HotWax Systems will also share “A Decision Maker’s Guide to Open Source Digital Commerce”, a free report designed to empower decision makers to choose wisely regarding open source software options. We look forward to helping your business leverage the power and flexibility of open source software for digital commerce. For more information about how to harness the power of OFBiz to benefit your business, contact us for an expert (and cool) consultation.