Time is money.
Apache OFBiz warehouse management capabilities are tried, tested and robust. Are you putting them to work for you? If not, you may be leaving money on the table.
In a 1748 letter of advice to a young tradesman, Benjamin Franklin wrote “remember that time is money”. More than 260 years later, this continues to be excellent business advice. One of the best ways to save both time and money is to automate your warehouse management processes.
What’s your 20?
That’s where we come in. OFBiz the HotWax Media way offers the best of both worlds. Think of it as an 80/20 split: “80%” of what you need is already available in the system, which means you don’t need to reinvent the wheel. Rather, focus your budget on the “20%” and leverage our extensive OFBiz expertise to quickly and affordably customize your system to meet your individual business processing needs.
Does OFBiz warehouse management deliver?
OFBiz warehouse management offers all the capabilities you would expect from inventory management software–and more–including:
- Natively integrated with E-commerce, Order Manager, Accounting.
- Automatically adjusts inventory levels based on receiving and fulfillment.
- Enables tracking of items through out the life cycle by connecting inventory with origination (i.e. sourced from PO/Transfers/Production/Returns etc) through fulfillment (SO/Production/Transfers).
- Empowers your workforce by supporting bar code scanning and other hand held devices.
- Provides a wide variety of additional inventory/warehouse management features for diverse business models and types, whether you have your own warehouse, make to order, or drop ship.
- Can be customized to fit your warehouse management requirements
- Allows us to help develop new tools to increase your warehouse performance.
Here are some of the most important and immediate ways you can cash in on OFBiz warehouse management capabilities:
1. Streamline outbound processes
OFBiz warehouse management provides solid support for fulfilling sales orders, including:
- Grouping Orders : Groups orders based on warehouse locations, shipping methods, or order size.
- Picking: Creates a pick list from grouped orders and batch picks from warehouse locations.
- Packing: Compares picked orders against a packing slip for accuracy, then initiates the packing process.
- Shipping: Generates the final shipping label and packing slip, marks the order as “shipped” and notifies the customer via email that the order has been shipped.
2. Streamline inbound processes
OFBiz warehouse management delivers excellent support for receiving items against your purchase orders and returns of sales orders, including:
- Receiving items against your purchase orders
- Receiving returned items (RMA – returned merchandise authorization)
- Quality check for received items
OFBiz enables you to execute a quality check during receiving, and we can assist you with any custom adjustments (such as making the quality check a separate step) that you might need.
3. Simplify inventory management
OFBiz warehouse management offers great support for managing inventory items within one or multiple warehouses. For example:
- ATP/QOH: Tracks both Available to Promise (ATP) and Quantity on Hand (QOH) inventory levels.
- Replenishment : Monitors current inventory levels. When inventory levels for a given product drop to a pre-set order point it generates requirements to replenish inventory levels. Also, re-order POs can be generated automatically.
- Stock movement : Generates a pick location report, ensuring smooth and efficient stock movement from bulk storage location to pick location.
- Location management : Manages locations and assigns locations to each item in the warehouse.
- Inventory counting : Determines net requirements (based on inventory records) then releases orders based on material availability. Also performs inventory analysis.
- Inventory valuation report: Generates an inventory valuation report that allows you to view the book value of inventory items.
There is much more available in the system and we would enjoy working with you to design and implement any additional features or reports your business may need.
Let’s talk about your 80/20 and how we can work together to make your business run better. Contact us today to learn more about fully customizable E-commerce/ERP solutions.