Our partnership with HotWax Systems has been integral to the success of our e-commerce channel. Since we first started down this road in 2009, HotWax Systems has worked with us every step of the way, from the implementation of the original site, to the multi-brand expansion, to the launch of our mobile site last year. HotWax has expertly adapted and evolved with us in this dynamic space. We value HotWax as our partners in digital commerce.Kim Miller, CEO, Scarpa North America
SCARPA North America Selects HotWax Systems to Take Its Operation Direct-to-Consumer
SCARPA is of the world’s most prestigious and innovative outdoor retailers, specializing in equipment for mountaineering, climbing, and skiing. As SCARPA says, “We are passionate about our sports; we are passionate about boot making; we are passionate for performance.”
Founded in 1938 in northern Italy, the SCARPA brand epitomizes the quality and innovation demanded by top athletes and discerning outdoor sports enthusiasts. The company has many firsts to its name, including being the first to build a Gore-Tex boot and the first to develop a plastic telemark skiing boot, and introduced in 2007, the first telemark and alpine touring compatible boot.
SCARPA North America (SCARPA NA) headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, is the only licensed distributor for SCARPA products in North America. In 2009, the company recognized a pressing need to establish a direct-to-consumer channel while continuing to support longtime retail partners. Customers were demanding a smooth, easy shopping experience regardless of purchase channel, and SCARPA NA acted quickly to satisfy customer demands. The company selected HotWax Systems to lead this complex effort.
Full Direct-to-Consumer Functionality in Record Time
HotWax Systems leveraged its agile, collaborative team approach, partnering with SCARPA to quickly and effectively design and implement a full-featured DTC solution The highly successful partnership resulted in a solution that:
- Established a direct-to-consumer channel while continuing to support retail partners with a “dealer locater” functionality and links to partner websites
- Delivered a smooth, easy shopping experience supporting multi-brand functionality
- Provided reliable, up-to-date information, clear and regular communication, and on-time delivery.
- Integrated multiple systems to seamlessly and efficiently transfer order, financial, and inventory data between systems
- Created a Brand Athlete portal to highlight SCARPA North America’s athletes and their accomplishments.
SCARPA Customers, Staff, Pleased with Full-featured Solution
SCARPA now enjoys excellent direct-to-consumer functionality that has streamlined the fulfillment process and increased customer satisfaction. The custom digital commerce store solution designed and implemented by HotWax Systems delivers even more than was expected, including:
- Custom front-end design highlighting brand messaging and values.
- Multi-brand web store, allowing for custom branding and imagery for each brand underneath the SCARPA North America umbrella.
- Ability to handle an industry specific pro and employee purchase program, fully integrated with their online store.
- Powerful multi-channel order management capabilities.
- UPS and FedEx shipping integrations to provide real-time shipping costs.
- Full-featured promotion engine allowing for customized promotions based on products, categories, and customers.
- Integrated dealer locator, as well as links back to dealers who stock specific products to give consumers the option to buy at local retail locations or on other digital commerce sites.
- Brand Athlete portal to highlight SCARPA North America’s athletes and their accomplishments.
- Easy to use content management system, which allows for product lines to be added or updated without the need for an in-house IT staff.
With its custom digital commerce solution in place, SCARPA continues to lead the way in the outdoor retailer industry in both functionality and customer service.
A 2014 Forrester report noted that selling DTC promises higher margins and more control over the online experience, and also creates deeper and more engaging relationships with a brand’s most loyal customers.www.forrester.com