The ABCs of ERP
Gartner, Inc. coined the term “Enterprise Resource Planning” (ERP) in 1990 as a sort of extension of “Materials Resource Planning” (MRP). Over time “ERP” became associated with an enterprise’s “backbone systems”. Ultimately, functions outside of the “main system” also became associated with “ERP”.
The evolution of “ERP” has resulted in a murky alphabet soup of acronyms related to various features that might be included in an ERP system. From PIM to CMS to AWS it’s difficult to sort through the terminologies. And it’s even more difficult to draw logical conclusions about which ERP features your business needs.
The fact is, ERP means different things to different people, but it represents the consolidation of your key business processes. Despite the confusion surrounding ERP here’s one clear truth: when you’re busy bolting together a non-unified system, you lose focus on creating an integrated system that works hand-in-hand with your business needs.
It’s time to turn that alphabet soup into something useful and understandable. Here’s what a unified ERP system means at HotWax Systems:
- Flexible ERP/e-commerce system, all on one unified platform
- A reliable framework built on proven architecture
- The flexibility to focus your resources on the features you need most
From acronym alphabet soup to a clear definition of ERP
Each enterprise should define for itself which functionalities should be included in its ERP system. You don’t need a jumble of confusing acronyms that obscure real-world business needs. You need a unified system that connects seamlessly from your storefront through the back-office.
Whether it’s managing orders, inventory, promotions or accounting, the HotWax Commerce ERP system can be configured to focus on the areas that matter most to you. That’s because we collaborate to understand your specific business needs to achieve a system that works with you, not against you.
Because HotWax Commerce ERP is fully customizable, you can focus your resources on the features your business needs most. Our ERP functionality is truly limitless, but different operations have different needs. We understand that, while your options are unlimited, your budget isn’t. That’s why we invest in understanding your needs so that you can get the most from your investment in HotWax Commerce.
HotWax Commerce ERP includes:
- Supplier and product category management
- Pricing and discounts
- Purchase planning and ordering
- Purchase orders
- Ddelivery and scheduling
- Requests for proposal
- Open orders, budget accounting
- Multi-level approval signature management
- Supplier invoice entry and returns
- Contract managementand sub-contracting
- Inter-company/inter-site transactions
- Unified order management from multiple channels
- Product configurator (options and variants)
- Pricing and discounts
- Sales commissions
- Quotes, contracts and open orders
- Order preparation, delivery, packing and shipping
- Customer returns
- Invoicing and reminders
- Inventory inquiries and allocations
- Inter-company/inter-site sales
- Product data
- Multiple units of measure
- Location management
- Inventory balances
- Replenishment, inter-site transfers
- Order release
- Stock movements
- Inventory costing
- Physical counting
- Bill of Materials
- Manufacturing Routing and Tasks
- Materials Requirement Planning
- Distribution Requirements Planning
- Resource Allocation
- Raw Materials Procurement
- Production Calendar Management
- General ledger
- Accounts payable, accounts receivable
- Financial reporting
Reporting and Business Analytics
- User-defined dashboards
- Configurable inquiries
- Reports library
- Personalized by user or administrator
- Multi-level access to relevant data
You dream it, we build it.
Need features not available OOTB? Options for customization are limited only by your ability to imagine and articulate them. With more than fifteen years of intensive customization experience, we welcome difficult and complex problems. We enjoy a good challenge almost as much as we enjoy helping our customers succeed.