wo days of special training sessions before the event to provide participants with focused and lively knowledge sharing
Amsterdam, The Netherlands – March 5, 2009 ApacheCon Europe, the official user conference of The Apache Software Foundation, has unveiled the program for two days of special training sessions that will be available before the main conference begins.
The half-day, full-day and two-day training sessions will be held on Monday 23 March and Tuesday 24 March – the two days before ApacheCon’s official Wednesday 25 March opening.
The sessions offered cover a wide range of topics and are hosted by noted and experienced open source developers. Over the two training days:
- J. Aaron Farr will host ‘A Day of REST’, exploring ways to create services that work in harmony with the web using a REST approach.
- J. Chris Anderson will share his vast experience and talk to participants about CouchDB – the next-Generation Web storage at any scale.
- Developers will receive training and insight into Lucene at Grant Ingersoll’s Lucene Boot Camp.
- Publicist Sally Khudairi will host basic and advanced media and analyst trainings.
- Jim Jagielski and Rich Bowen will provide a nuts and bolts guide to Apache HTTP Server 2.2.
- Mark Thomas will provide a full training course for Tomcat. The curriculum pans from basic Tomcat configuration to advanced tuning.
- Participants will be given the opportunity to learn how to use Apache Wicket from the masters, in trainings by Martijn Dashorst and Timo Rantalaiho.
- Erik Hatcher will host a Solr boot camp.
- Chad Michael David will introduce participants to Struts 2, a brand new, second-generation web application framework.
- Zeger Hendrikse will show attendees how to organize their product lifecycle management with Maven.
- Visitors wishing to learn about building and deploying web services using Apache CXF will benefit from a special training course, hosted by Adrian Trenaman.
The Apache Software Foundation is celebrating its tenth anniversary this year, and ApacheCon Europe 2009 will bring together foundation members, committers, software vendors, developers and users for a week of training classes, seminars, sharing and hacking. This year’s event has three brand new features in addition to the training days: a two-day Hackathon codefest, Apache BarCamp, and the Geeks for Geeks track.
To register for the training, as well as ApacheCon Europe 2009, please visit: http://www.eu.apachecon.com/
Joining the ApacheCon community in Amsterdam are dedicated sponsors and exhibitors including The Apache Software Foundation, Cloudera, Google, HALO Worldwide, HewlettPackard, Hippo, HotWax Media, Joost, Lucid Imagination, Progress Software, SpringSource, thawte, and Yahoo! Media and Community Partners include CAcert, Feather Cast, Jazoon, JTeam, Linux Pro Magazine, Methods & Tools, NLUUG and WiFiSoft.org. Sponsors and partners play an integral role in supporting Open Source technology and contributing to emerging trends in the industry. Sponsorship opportunities are still available. For details contact email@example.com.
About ApacheCon Europe 2009
ApacheCon, the official event of The Apache Software Foundation, brings together foundation members, committers, software vendors, developers and users in a week of training classes, seminars, sharing and hacking.
The most influential platform dialogue amongst the Apache community at large, ApacheCon is the mustattend developer forum showcasing key Apache and Open Source technologies. Attendees meet, mingle, and exchange ideas with likeminded participants on groundbreaking technologies and emerging industry trends, through informal networking, peer discussions, birdsofafeather sessions, and entertaining social events.
Drawing internationally renowned thought leaders, contributors, influencers, and organizations in the Open Source community, ApacheCon offers insight into the culture and community that develops and shepherds industry leading Open Source projects, including Apache HTTP Server, the world’s most popular Web server software for ten years running.
For more information and to register, please visit: www.eu.apachecon.com
Prompt Communications on behalf of ApacheCon
Hazel Butters, Max McConnell or James Gerber
UK tel: +44 20 8996 1653 / +44 7780 687813
US tel: +1 617 576 5763 / +1 617 291 9899
HotWax Systems is the leading global service provider for Apache OFBiz application development, and creators of HotWax Commerce, the world’s leading open-source Unified Commerce Platform. In 2017, HotWax Systems expanded its portfolio to include a full set of consulting services and custom business solutions based on the Moqui Ecosystem of open source projects.