Eight is the third number that stays the same when written upside down. There are eight people in a tug-of war team. According to Indian mythology, the Earth is supported on the backs of eight white elephants. And last but not least, for the eighth consecutive year, HotWax Systems is an official ApacheCon Sponsor.
Top 8 Reasons to Sponsor ApacheCon
- The show is not about the sponsors, it is only made possible by the sponsors. (We appreciate that we’re not allowed to take ourselves too seriously.)
- ApacheCon is the brain child of the Apache Software Foundation (ASF), the pinnacle of open source software credibility. (We love to be associated with the pinnacle while not taking ourselves too seriously.)
- The ASF is a true meritocracy, with an inherent structure that maintains order and integrity without crushing meaningful contribution. (This helps us focus any latent desire-to-crush-something-challenging on our monthly OFBiz Bug Crush events.)
- Apache OFBiz is a broadly scoped open source ERP framework that is maintained as a top-level project at the ASF. (We like the view from the top.)
- There are more than 150 Apache projects, from OFBiz to the Apache Web Server, which serves over half of all websites worldwide. (We like to see how the other half lives).
- HotWax Systems is the leading global innovator of OFBiz, with world-class OFBiz experts located on four continents. (ApacheCon gives us a viable excuse to gather everyone on one land mass once a year for a truly great cause).
- We donate literally thousands of hours per year to the Apache open source project in the form of volunteer maintenance and improvement activities. (At ApacheCon, we can celebrate our behind-the-scenes open source revolution in a setting where the open source revolution is the scene.)
- Our team includes numerous OFBiz Project Committers, Project Management Committee members, and active OFBiz community members. (ApacheCon provides an annual opportunity to hang with our tribe. At the pinnacle.While not taking ourselves too seriously.)
Thanks for the Gr8 Memories, ApacheCon!
Teresa Zundel is Director of Communications at HotWax Systems.For more than two decades, Teresa has devised and implemented innovative communications solutions for both corporate and nonprofit clients.She lives in Salt Lake City, where she enjoys geocaching with her son and attending live music shows at the State Room.